There are many places online where you can find the latest laptop news. Perhaps one of the best online platforms for that sort of news is YouTube. On the platform, you can watch free videos from tech gurus demonstrating the latest laptop technology and giving you up to date insight into the consumer technology industry. Online computer magazines can also be a good source of laptop news. Anyway, here’s some of the latest from the industry:
1. Lots of developers were working on making the best laptops with 3D displays, but the demand for such technology does not appear to be that large. More and more people are now using their smartphones as their primary computing device and virtual reality through the use of headsets is now where really advancements are being made.
2. Many people are hoping that Apple will start selling MacBooks with touch screens, but it seems unlikely. At the moment, they seem to think that the touch bar suffices and don’t want to redesign Mac OS for multi-touch inferences.
3. Gaming laptops are sure to continue to become more popular. After all, people are now living in smaller and smaller homes and moving around the country for employment opportunities at an increasing rate. This means few people have space in their home for large desktop computers and many people now like to game on the go. While smartphones provide lots of mobile gamers with their fixes, there is still a big market for mobile gaming on laptops with full operating systems.
4. It is predicted that the weight of laptops will continue to decrease, although many manufacturers are reluctant to compromise processing power and hard drive space to make weight savings. Still, there is a big demand for lightweight devices, especially among students and commuters.
5. The price of laptops with 4K displays may come down in the coming years. However, many people don’t see the benefits of having such high-resolutions on 13-inch and 15-inch displays. Typically only Blueray movie buffs and graphics designers see the benefits of UHD displays on laptops.
6. Those hoping for increased SSD capacity on portable PCs may be disappointed. Many manufacturers and developers are committed to the concept of cloud computing. Unfortunately, this is not ideal for a lot of consumers that still live in areas of the country with limited internet connections and zero mobile internet options.
7. Laptops with backlit keyboards should become more mainstream. A lot of suppliers failed to understand how much consumers love backlit keyboards. Many say that the main reason MacBooks became so popular is because they come with backlit keyboards as standard.
8. 2-in-1 devices continue to sell well. Many people love the fact that they can convert their laptop into an extremely portable tablet.
9. While the number of people using mobile browsers has exceeded those using laptops and desktops, there is always going to be a demand for large devices. After all, it is hard to write long-form articles or undertake intensive video editing work on a smartphone. This means developers are going to be working on advancing laptop technology for many years to come.